Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Next Up: Game Mechanics

I can't believe that I have already covered most of the game types.  I know, I know there are definitely more game types I could cover, namely war games.  But honestly, I don't know that much about war games.  I may come back to it someday but for now I am going to move on to game mechanics.

What are game mechanics?  Umm, that's a tough question.  Basically, game mechanics are the the the different rules and ways to play a game.   You may be familiar with the roll and move mechanic.  This is how you play Sorry! and Monopoly.  Roll the dice and move that number of spaces.  But there many, many, many more.  I think I'll be at this for awhile but I'm looking forward to it.  As with types I will first discuss the mechanic and then review a game.  And, as much as possible I will focus on two player games!

No comments:

Post a Comment