Friday, March 2, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Ache

It's Friday again, which means I join The Gypsy Mama's "Five Minute Friday" topic. Each Friday, we write for five minutes on a topic without any editing or rewriting allowed. I put a little spin on it and relate it to board games. 

She has decided to challenge me again this week with the topic: Ache...How can I talk about ache and board games? 

So I think I'm ready, I've got my stopwatch out and I'm ready to on your mark, set, and go!

Taking out a board game, setting it up, reading the rules, and playing it I don't always think about what goes into making this final product I see before me.  I don't think of the hours spent agonizing over which pieces to use, what the art work should be, and how to write the rules.   Then, after all that time sending out the game to be published and rejected, praised and torn apart.  Could I handle the criticism, would the praise go to my head? 

Yes, I review these games.  I spout off my opinion of their components, and fun factor, and family friendliness, but I still appreciate the effort of game designers.  I'm think them for their hard work and heart ache to bring me the hours of fun, the moments of anger, the second guessing, and the thrill of victory. 

And Stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment